Russian embassy reacts to viral videos of citizen with Ghanaian women
The Russian Embassy in Accra has reacted to reports of a suspected Russian national's involvement in sexual activity with some Ghanaian women, with video recordings circulated online without their consent.
Last week, videos of the the various incidents emerged of the said Russian citizen coercing women into sexual activity.
Some of the more explicit videos have been uploaded to paywall porn websites and on Telegram.
This has generated varied reactions, with Ghana’s Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection, and the Ministry of Communication, Digital Technology and Innovation initiating investigations into the act, following suggestions that the videos were recorded and shared without the consent of the women featured.
Sam George: Russian suspect to face Ghana’s laws, even if tried in absentia
It is following this that the Russian Embassy stated on Monday, February, 16 2026 that:
"The Embassy of the Russian Federation in the Republic of Ghana has taken note of the reports in the Ghanaian media on the alleged involvement of a supposedly Russian citizen engaged in sexual activities with some Ghanaian women and recorded and circulated those acts without consent."

The Embassy provided no further details and did not confirm the allegations.
The statement marked the first official reaction from the Russian side since the issue surfaced on social media and generated public concern.
The Ministry of Communication, Digital Technology and Innovation said officials were monitoring developments and working with relevant state agencies to ensure due legal process.
The ministry added that recording or sharing intimate material without consent constitutes an offence under the Cybersecurity Act, 2020.
