Suarez banished from Liverpool training

SuarezLuis Suarez has been sent into exile for his astonishing attack on Liverpool with manager Brendan Rodgers accusing the striker of treating the club with ‘utter disrespect’.

The Uruguay forward will be made to train on his own as punishment after waking off training as well as for his attitude over the past fortnight following Liverpool's rejection of a £40 million plus £1 bid from Arsenal.

Suarez has also been heavily reprimanded for the interviews he gave to two broadsheet newspapers last Tuesday, in which he accused Rodgers of breaking promises and not telling the truth.

Rodgers is furious with Suarez’s behaviour and the 26-year-old will have to make a formal, public apology before he will be considered to play for Liverpool again.

Arsenal are the only club to have bid for Suarez and the Anfield hierarchy, continuing the strong line they have adopted, are adamant he will not be sold to a rival.

Rodgers said: “There were no promises made — categorically none — and no promises broken. The club and his representatives had several conversations and he knew exactly where he was at.

“I will take strong, decisive action. There has been total disrespect of the club — this is a club that is historically one of the biggest in the world and has given him everything; absolutely everything.”


When pressed on whether there was a way back for Suarez, Rodgers added “We first of all need to assess where the situation is. Things have been said that are derogatory against the football club, his  team-mates and the supporters.

“There are  few bridges to cross before we can talk of him playing for Liverpool again. It’s about respect. This is one of the most iconic football clubs in the world, you can’t disrespect it. That’s something I will ensure before anything happens in the future.”

At the heart of Suarez’s dispute with Liverpool is the terminology of the clause in his contract.

Suarez and his agent, Pere Guardiola, have enlisted the help of the PFA to arbitrate but Liverpool are adamant they only had to tell the player of bids over £40m.

Suarez, in newspaper interviews, said  “Last year I had the opportunity to move to a big European club and I stayed on the understanding that, if we failed to qualify for the Champions League, the following season I'd be allowed to go. I gave absolutely everything last season but it was not enough to give us a top-four finish — now all I want is for Liverpool to honour our agreement.”

Source:  Daily Mail


Our newsletter gives you access to a curated selection of the most important stories daily. Don't miss out. Subscribe Now.

Connect With Us : 0242202447 | 0551484843 | 0266361755 | 059 199 7513 |